[robocup-humanoid] Best Humanoid Award for RoboCup 2019

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Feb 26 03:58:55 EST 2019

Dear Hafez, TCs and All,

Obviously, this very short term rule change proposal has not been
discussed before and certainly requires a discussion with all teams
and trustees involved during next RoboCup.

Also, the deadline of the RoboCup Federation for rule changes,
which is always December the year before the competitions,
has already passed.

Therefore, I am sorry to say that such important short-term last minute
changes cannot be approved by the RoboCup Federation.

Best regards,
Oskar

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019, Hafez Farazi wrote:

> Dear Humanoid League teams,
>
> During the Roadmap Workshop, the Technical Committee decided to encourage
> source code and idea sharing between teams. Consequently, starting from
> this year, the Best Humanoid Award would be only awarded to a candidate
> team which agrees on releasing their source code and documentation within
> two months after the competition. If the winner fails to release the source
> code and documentation, they will not be qualified for the next year
> competitions.
>
> Best Regards,
> Hafez (on behalf of the RoboCup Humanoid Technical Committee)
> ----------------------
> Hafez Farazi
>
> Institute for Computer Science VI (Autonomous Intelligent Systems),
> the University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany.
>
> Work at:
> Computer Science Department of Bonn University.
>
> E-Mail: farazi at ais.uni-bonn.de
>
> Cell: +49 157 35216740
>
> Phone: +49 228 7354158

Prof. Dr. Oskar von Stryk         E-Mail: stryk(at)sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Head of Simulation, Systems       Phone:  ++49 (0) 6151-16-25560
Optimization and Robotics Group	  Fax:    ++49 (0) 6151-16-25569
Technische Universitaet Darmstadt http://www.sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Hochschulstr. 10                  D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany