[robocup-humanoid] Regarding the use of compass in the robot in the rule book

Ludovic Hofer lhofer at labri.fr
Mon Oct 22 04:36:08 EDT 2018

Dear Joshua,

Thank you for your interest, using a compass is currently forbidden in
the rulebook as you pointed out. Last year, we noticed this issue about
some teams TDP and we sent them a message to inform them that use of
compass would not be allowed on site.

This year, we will enforce that team mentioning use of a compass in TDP
have to correct the TDP in order to be qualified, to avoid any possible
misunderstanding.

While answering to this e-mail, I must also mention that there are
currently discussions inside the TC regarding constraints on sensors.
Therefore, there will probably be updates in the next few months
regarding the regulations on sensors. If you want to discuss the topic
further, please open a thread on the league forum:
https://hl.forum.robocup.org/

Best regards,

Ludovic Hofer