[robocup-humanoid] Last-minute information and reminder for RoboCup 2018

Maike Paetzel maike.paetzel at it.uu.se
Tue Jun 12 02:41:15 EDT 2018

Dear RoboCup Humanoid teams,

it’s only a couple of days left until RoboCup 2018 in Montreal starts and we’re looking forward to a great competition in Canada.

Before you leave, here are a couple of reminders:

++ Travelling to Canada ++
Citizens of most countries travelling to Canada do not need a Visa to enter the country. However, please note that you have to apply online for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) prior to your flight. For more information, see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html

If your visa was not approved by now or your team will not be able to join for any other reason, please let the Technical Committee know as soon as possible so we can adjust the schedule.

If you are traveling with equipment like robots, batteries and tools, make sure to check the policies of your airline if and how you can bring them on the airplane.

++ Arriving at the competition hall ++
On Saturday (June 16th) and Sunday (June 17th), the competition hall will open at 8:00 AM. Please see http://www.robocup2018.org/?page=competition-schedule&lang=en for further information on the schedule of the venue. Please sign the following consent form prior to arriving at the competition hall: http://www.robocup2018.org/assets/img/RoboCup2018ConsentForm.pdf

If possible, we’ll update you with information about the settings in the competition hall on June 15th once the preparations in the venue have started.

++ Team Markers ++
Please note that the rules for 2018 contain new laws regarding the size of the team markers. A robot needs to have team markers on both arms and legs which needs to be visible from all sides of the robot. Each marker needs to have a size of 0.15 Htop x 0.05 Htop. Make sure you bring team markers for all your robots that are compliant with the new rules.

++ Referee ++
Remember that every team needs to have a person with good knowledge of the rules available for referee duties. There will be a referee training during the setup days which is mandatory for all team members serving as a referee during RoboCup 2018. However, it is essential that you have thoroughly read the rules BEFORE coming to Montreal. Also, please have your own copy of the rules to use while you serve as a referee, either printed or on a mobile device. Although the Technical Committee will provide a couple of versions, there might not be enough for all fields simultaneously.

Unfortunately, we don’t know if we’ll be able to provide a whistle to every team participating in the tournament. So please bring your own whistle if you’ll serve as a referee.

++ AdultSize ++
According to the rules, every robot handler in the AdultSize league "has to be dressed in black clothes". This law will be strictly enforced, so remember to have black cloth with you.

We're looking forward to seeing all of you in Montreal!
Cheers,
Maike (for the RoboCup Humanoid Technical Committee)

När du har kontakt med oss på Uppsala universitet med e-post så innebär det att vi behandlar dina personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur vi gör det kan du läsa här: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/

E-mailing Uppsala University means that we will process your personal data. For more information on how this is performed, please read here: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/