[robocup-humanoid] Fwd: CfP Humanoid French Open April 18-20 in Brest, France

Reinhard Gerndt r.gerndt at ostfalia.de
Tue Feb 20 07:27:21 EST 2018

Resent … looks like the mailing list deleted the attachments ...

> Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:
>
> Von: Reinhard Gerndt <r.gerndt at ostfalia.de>
> Betreff: [robocup-humanoid] CfP Humanoid French Open April 18-20 in Brest, France
> Datum: 20. Februar 2018 um 12:08:40 MEZ
> An: robocup-humanoid at cc.gatech.edu
> Kopie: Pierre De Loor <deloor at enib.fr>, "buche at enib.fr Cedric" <buche at enib.fr>, Dominique Duhaut <dominique.duhaut at univ-ubs.fr>
>
> Dear All,
>
> we invite you for the Humanoid RoboCup French Open^2 2018, starting April 18th (Wednesday), ending 20th (Friday) in Brest, France. We invite teams and individuals with
> - RoboCup Humanoid robots,
> - RoboCup Humanoid SPL robots,
> - Free style humanoid robots, capable of bipedal locomotion, driving a ball and basic perception, at least in a color-coded environment.
> Participation with a single humanoid robot is possible. In the ‚free style section‘ we play games with highly simplified rules and setup, suitable for almost any kind of humanoid robot (please see attachment for a draft).
>
> The schedule foresees three days of joint training, public games and a social program (please see attached tentative schedule).
>
> The venue is the 'Salon Richelieu' at the town hall of Brest (Marie de Brest, 2 Rue Frezier, 29200 Brest, France).
> You can reach Brest by plane (www.brest.aeroport.bzh/accueil <http://www.brest.aeroport.bzh/accueil>), by train or bus (www.sncf.com/en/passengers <http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers>), or by car.
> The university of Brest offers special conditions for accommodation at 55 Euros per night respectively 225.50 per week (cmibrest.u-bretagneloire.fr/fr/actualit%C3%A9s/d%C3%A9couvrez-la-r%C3%A9sidence-nelson-mandela <http://cmibrest.u-bretagneloire.fr/fr/actualit%C3%A9s/d%C3%A9couvrez-la-r%C3%A9sidence-nelson-mandela>).
>
> You will find more information on Brest here: www.brest.fr/brest-fr-accueil-3.html <http://www.brest.fr/brest-fr-accueil-3.html>. Brest is famous for its sea food and scenic sea side.
>
> Please confirm your participation by replying to this email until March 5th. Please also provide a preliminary list of team members and a short information on the robot(s) you intend to bring.
>
> If you have any questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
>
> See you in Brest.
>
> The Organizing Committee
>
> Dominique Duhaut, Pierre de Loor, Cedric Buche, Reinhard Gerndt

Schedule:

Draft Schedule RoboCup French Humanoid Open^2

April 18

April 19

April 20

9h-12h

Installation / training close to public

Training close to public

Training close to public

12h-13h30

Lunch

Lunch

Lunch

13h30-15h

Match 1 & 2 – Challenge - Public

Match 5 & 6 – Challenge - Public

Match 5 & 6 – Challenge - Public

15h-16h30

Match 3 & 4- Challenge - Public

Match 7 & 8 – Challenge- Public

Match 5 & 6 – Challenge - Public

16h30-18h

Visit of Lab-STICC / CERV

Exhibition Match for Invited VIP

Closing event

18h -20h

Welcome reception CERV for participant only

Reception for VIP Dinner together

Location:
Salon Richelieu - Mairie de Brest, 2 Rue Frezier, 29200 Brest, France

Rules draft:
Simplified Humanoid Robot Soccer Rules and Setup

The games are played as drop-in games for bipedal robots, with a minimal rule set. Every participating individual or group contributes a single robotic player to a robot team. Scoring is according to the RoboCup Humanoid League drop-in rules.

Field of Play

The HRL league is played on the fields of the RoboCup Humanoid League (currently 9 * 6 Meters). Cyan, respectively magenta cardboard figures represent the goal keepers. They are suspended from the respective goals cross bars, reaching the floor. Both figures have the same form. They are positioned by the referee, who may change their position during any stoppage of the game.

The Ball

The ball is a FIFA size 1 ball with orange colored surface.

The Number of Players

The teams consist of 2 – 6 randomly chosen robots and change during the tournament.

The Players

The robot players are bipedal autonomous robots that walk on two legs and drive a ball by pushing or kicking. The maximum size of the robots is 1 meter, the maximum weight is 10 kg. Robots must bring red and blue team markers and must not use blue or red on any part that is not interchangeable. Robots may be started manually.

After positioning and possibly starting the robots, human team members must not interfere with the game play, except if explicitly called for by the referee. Robots need to be equipped with a handle to be safely picked up by a referee and an emergency switch off that is clearly marked and reachable. Pick-up of robots by robot handler and re-entry only is allowed during stoppage of the game.

The Referee

Each match is controlled by a team of referees with one head referee, who has full authority to enforce the Laws of the Game.

The Duration of the Match

A match is played in two half times of 10 minutes each with a break of 5 minutes.

Start and Restart of Play

The play is started and restarted by a drop ball at the kick-off point at the center. The ball is in play for both teams immediately. Goals may be scored immediately.
A game is restarted for:
◦ secondhalftime,

◦ afteragoalwasscored,
◦ aftermorethanhalfoftherobotsofateambecameinactiveorremoved,
◦ stuckgame.
For (re-)start of game robots may be placed and possibly manually started by a robot handler.

The Ball In and Out of Play

If the ball leaves the field of play, it is returned to field by the referee or an assistant referee, one meter into the field. There is no stoppage of the game.

The Method of Scoring

A goal is scored if the ball completely crossed the goal line between the two goal posts.

10. Fouls and Misconducts

The following cases are considered as fouls, resulting in a removal penalty until next restart of the game:
◦ anyactionposingthepotentialtosignificantlydamagingarobot,includingitself,
◦ leavingtheplayingfield(fieldofplayandsurroundinggreensurface),

◦ anyothersignificantoffence,e.g.obstructingthegame,asconsideredbythereferee.
Robots potentially endangering humans by whatever activity are excluded from the game (red card).