[robocup-humanoid] GameController revision

8paetzel at informatik.uni-hamburg.de 8paetzel at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Sun Sep 4 04:07:28 EDT 2016

Dear Humanoid Teams,

since we will likely need to make some changes in the GameController
for next year anyway to adapt it to the new rules, we are planning on
making a more general revision and fix known issues with the
GameController. Currently, we are planning to do the following changes
(apart from adapting to the new rules):

- Take a look at the changes in the SPL original GameController
repository and cherry-pick changes which are merged in our
GameController to avoid that the two branches move more and more apart.
- During the championship in Leipzig we realized a discrepancy between
GameController time and real time on some Computers. We want to
investigate this issue and fix, if possible, for next year.

If you encountered other issues than those mentioned above or have
other suggestions for changes in the GameController, please let me
know as soon as possible. We cannot promise to include all
suggestions, but we will try to fix at least all known bugs.

Cheers,
Maike (for the Humanoid League TC)