[robocup-humanoid] First Rule Draft for 2012

Dorian Scholz scholz at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jan 10 11:30:54 EST 2012

Dear TC,

here are our comments on the rule draft for 2012:

1. The Field of Play
As the AdultSize is not sharing field dimensions with the KidSize
anymore, should the KidSize go back to a more sensible width F of the
goal area?
Adjusting F to 220cm would make the KidSize field dimensions the same as
in SPL, except for goals and poles.
This would surely make it easier for teams playing in both leagues to
setup their training fields and also allow for more flexible planing
when organizing competitions.

4.5 Communication and Control
Also 4.5.2 states:
> Only robots are allowed to communicate by WLAN. Any other computers
> of team members are only allowed to communicate by tethered LAN.
in 4.5.3 the sentence
> This implies that any monitoring is only done by receiving UDP
> communication from the
> robots.
could be made a bit more explicit to avoid confusion:
> This implies that any monitoring is only done by receiving UDP
> communication from the
> robots using an external computer connected by tethered LAN to the
> official wireless router.

Thank you for your efforts
Dorian

--
Dipl.-Inform. Dorian Scholz         E-Mail:scholz(at)sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Simulation, Systems Optimization    Phone:  +49 (0) 6151 16-4811