[robocup-humanoid] RoboCup 2011 Newsletter # 4

H. Levent Akin akin at boun.edu.tr
Fri Apr 1 09:21:09 EDT 2011

 RoboCup 2011 Newsletter April 1, 2011 / Issue #4  **

***Greetings from Istanbul!*

Only 94 days left for RoboCup 2011!

RoboCup 2011 will be in Istanbul which as the only city that resides on two
continents is the ideal place for such an event. We welcome everybody to
share the enthusiasm of advanced intelligent robotics research in a
beautiful city with many cultures and has been the capital of many
civilizations.

 **

***In this issue:*

• Greetings from Istanbul!
• RoboCup 2011 Registration is now open!
• Shipping Robots and Equipment
• Visa Requirements
• Contact Details
  **

***Registration*
 The registration web site for RoboCup 2011 is now open!

The qualified teams should already have received a password for accessing
the registration system. If your team is qualified, but you haven't received
a password yet, please contact info at robocup2011.org

Please consult registration information
page<http://www.robocup2011.org/en/content.asp?PID=%7BE7D02712-FFC8-47DB-BA10-ECA1C93D304A%7D>in
the RoboCup 2011 web site for information like the timeline, the
registration procedure, and the fees. **

***Shipping Robots and Equipment*
In order to preclude the possible delays and customs issues, please check
here<http://www.robocup2011.org/en/content.asp?PID=%7B2A21F536-3E67-4958-8E63-8A354845BACD%7D&PageFn=Cargo%20Shippinga>for
detailed information about shipment rules custom procedure of Turkey.

   **

***Accommodation*

We would like to remind you the special accommodation rates for Junior
participants, for whom we know that affordable solutions are crucial as well
as special reduced rates for Senior participants at various hotels in close
vicinity (5 to 20 minutes distance) of the competition venue.

Please find detailed information about those hotels
here<http://robot.cmpe.boun.edu.tr/%7Erobocup/info/accommodation_information_01.02.2011>.
The listed rates include VAT, service charge, and breakfast.
**

***Visa Requirements* Most countries do not require visa to enter Turkey.
However, visa can be issued at the border gates if needed. Please check the
website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey for your visa status:
http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa

You can also check the full list of countries with their corresponding visa
categories here<http://www.robocup2011.org/files/downloads/visa%20applications%20of%20rupublic%20of%20turkey.xls>.

   **Contact Details

 Please contact the RoboCup 2011 Office for enquiries at:
Tel: +90 (212) 347 63 00
Fax: +90 (212) 347 63 63
E-mail: info at robocup2011.org
Website: www.robocup2011.org

   <http://www.robocup.org/>  <http://www.boun.edu.tr/>
<http://www.dekon.com.tr/>  Copyright © RoboCup 2011

H.Levent Akin                         []  To acquire knowledge and
Dean                                  []  communicate it to others
Faculty of Engineering                []  has been the ambition,
Bogazici University                   []  pleasure, and business of
34342 Bebek-Istanbul                  []  my life.
TURKEY                                []  -William Harvey
                                      []
Phone: +90 (212) 359 6401             []
Fax:   +90 (212) 265 8488             []
E-Mail:akin at boun.edu.tr               []
URL:http://www.cmpe.boun.edu.tr/~akin []