[robocup-humanoid] Questions and comments regarding the Game Controller

Alejandro Malo Tamayo badalex at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Mar 8 19:41:21 EST 2011

Hi
I have downloaded the Game Controller have the following comments:
-- I note discrepancies in the number of players considered, the current rules talks of teams of size 3 (kid) and 2 (teen), but the game considers
5 and 3 players, by the way I think that  there  should be a bound on the number of robots.
-- The -numplayer option seem to have a mind of his own, the default seems to depend on the league, since it overrides the -numplayer setting.
-- The default league seem the standard platform not the kidsize.
-- the following penalties are not found in the rule book
     request for pickup 30s (looks like incapable player,but ..
     request for service 60s (looks like temporal absence, but the time is 30s)
     upgrade pickup to service +30s
-- the manual kickoff states 30s
-- The one minute given the Controller after the READY signal is not in the rule book, but there is in the rulebook a 10s between the SET and the PLAY signals, for autostart. The automatic change to SET, after one minute, fails.
-- The automata, included in the documentation, is not complete since it does not included the penalty kicks. One thing that is not clear to me is how to handle  state penalty kick since not included in the automata show (it might be on the playing state, but then the rule book does not mark the READY SET PLAY sequence for each penalty). It does mark this sequence for a drop-ball, but then again this state in not in the automata, in this case is more easily to fuse to the playing state.
-- the Time Out Done launches a 30s timer
-- the Game Controller .h file defines a structure RoboCupGameControllerReturnData. What is the purpose of this structure.
-- the automata included in the documentation has the Initial, Ready, Set, Playing, Penalized and Finished states. The Game Controller has
the Initial, Ready, Set, Play, Finish, Out By Cyan, Out By Magenta, Cyan KickOff, Magenta KickOff and DropBall. What is the correct use
-- during penalty kick, I dont understand that the timer continues to run after reaching 0s
-- the rule book, on page 15, second paragraph, says the source code is open, but the zip file does not contain the source code.
-- the Time Out Done switches the state to READY, but the play timer continues to run
Thanks
Alejandro Malo
Control Automático
Cinvestav