[robocup-humanoid] Rule Changes

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat May 22 05:25:04 EDT 2010

Hi Jacky,

> this is not a change, but the way that we have always played. It is
> simply impractical to have handlers chase the ball to determine which
> side of the field they are supposed to start on.

Others think it is practicable and we have practiced it
at GermanOpen already in 2009.

> I would like to update the rules before the competition, because
> otherwise we will probably forget about it again until 2011.

I will remind you.
Btw, this is no argument justifying short-term changes.
The rule development must be transparent.
Major changes have been discussed in the team leader meeting in Graz
2009. Rule formulations have been discussed on this mailing list
months ago.
There were no further comments or objections since the last version
was posted early in March 2010.
At this time any further changes must and will be discussed and decided
in the team leader meetings in Singapore.

Regards,
Oskar