[robocup-humanoid] Result of Vote About Teen/AdultSize Balls

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu May 13 09:58:08 EDT 2010

Dear AdultSize and TeenSize Teams Qualified for RoboCup 2010 in Singapore,

Thank you very much for participating in the vote.
The result was as follows:

TeenSize: 4 teams: 4 votes
---------

2 teams prefer beach handball for this year.
One of them argued that size 3 hand ball would be more difficult to catch
and throw.
One of them suggested to test FIFA size 3 and 5 balls during RoboCup
and to evaluate them for possible use in 2011.

For the 2 other teams beach hand ball and FIFA size 3 ball are both ok.

As a change of the ball would have required an anonimous vote,
the orange beach hand ball will be used in TeenSize competition.

AdultSize: 6 teams: 3 votes, 3 non votes
----------

2 of the 3 teams voted for FIFA ball size 5,
1 for FIFA ball size 3.

Although no AdultSize team voted for orange beach handball
the current votes are not yet sufficient to replace it.

Therefore I suggest that the AdultSize teams discuss this issue
in the team leader meetings of June 19 and 20 and decide about it.

I will ask the local organizers to prepare beach handballs
as well as FIFA balls size 5 and 3.

Best regards,
Oskar