[robocup-humanoid] [8] Rule Suggestion: Robothandler

N. Michael Mayer nmmayer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:38:07 EST 2009

Hi Steffen, Dear Everybody,

Thanks for your suggestions:
I summarize now:

1. Technical Challenges should be performed in the normal game robots.
2. During the game there should be less people around the game field
3. Sequence of the challenges...

I concentrate now on the questions with regard to the design and the
number of robots in the games and challenges and what the challenges
should be. So the most important point now is the first one, in order
to let the teams time to prepare the robots.

We have already the following rule in last year's draft (in bold):

"Only the robots used for the soccer games are allowed to participate
in the technical challenges. No hardware modifications on the robots
are allowed for the Technical Challenges."

Already this rule is difficult to control. If a team has 4 or 5 robots
it can design a robot for Challenge and let it play during one game
for a few minutes it is OK to use that very same robot for a
challenge. So, suggestions for a new, clear formulation here would be
welcome. For the moment I would like to keep the old formulation,
though.

If you have a nice, clear, strict, simple, easy to control rule until
early January or so, we (TC) would implement it, I guess.

Mike