[robocup-humanoid] [2] Rule Suggestion: 15-45 seconds ReadyState

Steffen Heinrich heinrich at inf.fu-berlin.de
Mon Dec 21 18:24:44 EST 2009

Hi,

we had a lot of discussions about this rule in our team after RoboCup
2009. We share Jörgs point of view that 15 seconds are way too short.

This amount of time will always lead to manually positioned robots.
We saw only a few teams walk at about 40cm/s in Graz. Let's assume they
would have to walk 4m after scoring a goal and avoid obstacles on their
way back - which would be something like one additional meter to walk.

5m for such a team would mean 12.5sec for positioning (assuming that
there would be no problems with localization and so on). For slower
teams and when not everything works 100% perfect, this would be quite a
bit more.

We would like to see this rule changed to 30s, too, which still will be
hard to reach for slower teams (e.g. smaller robots).

Regards
Steffen Heinrich

FUmanoids
Freie Universität Berlin