[robocup-humanoid] [2] Rule Suggestion: 15-45 seconds Ready State

Jacky Baltes jacky at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Dec 15 19:32:05 EST 2009

Hi,

given that we have only 10 min per half and that some of the games have high
scores, I think 45 secs. is much too long. 15 - 25 secs. max.

We really want games to show the robots playing, not spending time moving to
their target position.

CU,
   Jacky

2009/12/15 Jörg Zimmer <zimmer_j at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>

>  *Suggestion:* 15 to 45 seconds in ready state at referees discretion
>

> *Justification:*
>
> 15 Seconds to walk back from the opposite penalty area to the kick-off
> position are not enough time.
>

> To promote autonomous positioning we should give all teams a chance to
> reach their positions in having 15 to 45 seconds in ready state at referees
> discretion. If there is no targeting behavior noticeable or both teams
> position manually, the referee can shorten the procedure. If intelligent
> behavior is recognizable, it should not be aborted prematurely.
>
> This would make autonomous positioning a reachable task and encourage teams
> developing it and listening to the game controller.
>
> Also it would be nice to have a league being able to position autonomously
> and kicking off with self-positioned and well localized robots.
>

> Therefore we suggest modifying chapter 8.2.5.

Prof. Jacky Baltes, EITC E2-402 Department of Computer Science, University
of Manitoba Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2
VoIP: +1 (310) 961-2209, Fax: +1 (204) 474-7609
Email: jacky (AT) cs.umanitoba.ca
http://aalab.cs.umanitoba.ca
Gizmo: jacky_baltes