[robocup-humanoid] Rules: #3 The Number of Players

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Jan 12 16:35:39 EST 2009

Hi,

> I am new and want to ask questions about the "The Number of Players".

Welcome to the Humanoid League!

> the rules:
> "A match is played by two teams, each consisting of not more than
> three players, one of whom must be designated as goalkeeper."
>
> question: So if I would have only one robot then he must be the
> goalkeeper - this means that I need at least two robots - one
> goalkeeper, one player ? Or can the goalkeeper play like a player and
> so I can have only one robot ?

You can play with only one robot.
In this case you will have to declare whether your robot
will be also your goal keeper or not.

The reason for this rule is that the goal keeper has special rights
inside the goal area (like carrying the ball with its hands)
and also enjoys special protection inside the goal area.
Therefore the referee must know which robot is the goal keeper robot.
Or if there is no goal keeper robot in case of only 1 or 2 robots
in a team.

> the rules:
> "A match may not start if either team consists of less than one player."
> question: Does this mean that the match may not start if one team has
> zero number of robots ?

No, "either team consists of less than one player" means
both teams (currently) consist of zero robots.

> Can a match be played if one team has 3 robots
> and the other has 2 robots ?

Yes, of course.

With best regards,
Oskar von Stryk