[robocup-humanoid] CFP: The 3rd Workshop on Humanoid Soccer Robots @ Humanoids 2008, Daejeon, Korea

Zhou Changjiu ZhouCJ at sp.edu.sg
Mon Nov 10 02:43:30 EST 2008

CALL for PAPERS
The Third Workshop on Humanoid Soccer Robots (HSR2008)
@ 2008 IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots  (
http://www.humanoids2008.org/)
Daejeon, Korea, 1 - 3 Dec 2008.

As a part of initiatives to promote humanoid robotics research in the
RoboCup and FIRA  communities and robotic soccer in the IEEE community, We
organized the 1st HSR @ Humanoids 2006 in Genova (
http://www.dei.unipd.it/~emg/whs2006/) and edited a special issue for Int.
J. Humanoid Robotics which has been published in Vol.5 No.3 (10 papers). In
2007, we organized the 2nd HSR in conjunction with Humanoids 2007 in
Pittsburgh. As follow-up, we are working on a special issue for Robotics
and Autonomous Systems (http://www.humanoidsoccer.org/ws07/). For the
second special issue, we have made efforts to feature humanoid soccer
robots research in both RoboCup and FIRA communities.

Following the success of the last  two years' workshops, we are pleased to
announce that the Third Workshop on Humanoid Soccer Robots will be
organized in conjunction with the Humanoids 2008, Daejeon, Korea, 1st Dec
2008 (http://www.humanoids2008.org/huma5.html).

Interested authors should send a paper title, authors, abstract and
keywords to the chairs via email by Nov. 16, 2008.

Based on the presentation at the Workshop, we will select  papers to be
published in an international journal. Details will be announced soon.

Looking forward to seeing you in Daejeon.

Thanks and regards,

Organizing Committee:
General Co-chairs:
Changjiu Zhou (Singapore Polytechnic, Email: zhoucj at sp.edu.sg)
Kuk-Won Ko     (Sun Moon University, Korea, Email: kuks at kuksauto.com)

Program Co-Chairs:
Sven Behnke (University of Freiburg, Germany, Email:
behnke at informatik.uni-freiburg.de)
Emanuele Menegatti (University of Padua, Italy, Email: emg at dei.unipd.it)

Changjiu Zhou, Ph.D
Director, Advanced Robotics and Intelligent Control Centre (ARICC)
CTO Office
Singapore Polytechnic, 500 Dover Road, Singapore 139651
Tel: +65-6879-0684    Fax: +65-6772-1974
Email: zhoucj at sp.edu.sg
Homepage: http://www.robo-erectus.org/members/czhou/