[robocup-humanoid] Wireless communication

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat May 17 11:09:42 EDT 2008

Hello Hamid,

> Maybe no more, because we have decided to make the robot shorter. However it is not stated clearly in the rules whether "standing upright" means that the robot should be measured as normally standing or stretched to its maximum height?

If your question refers to Section 4.1.1 of the rule book
where posture of the robot to determine H_top and H_com is described
as "standing upright" then it means standing in upright posture like a human.

This means that the knee joints are streched out and not bended.
But the robot does not need to try to stretch _maximally_ in height,
e.g. by performing difficult balancing on toes.

It is the posture I would expect if you ask a human "would you please
stand upright that we can measure your height (H_top)?".

> We have also found a solution for our networking hardware which allows the robots to communicate with each other without needing a server.

That is good.

To avoid any problems please doublecheck
4.4.2:
Robots may communicate only via the wireless network provided by
the organizers.
The total bandwidth of the robots belonging to one team may not exceed
1MBaud. The robots
must not rely on availability or quality of the wireless network. They
must be able to play if
the network is not available or of low quality.

With best regards,
Oskar von Stryk