[robocup-humanoid] Proposal for Humanoid League goals and posts for 2008

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Dec 19 16:38:55 EST 2007

Hi Thomas,

For a 60cm tall robot a backplane of the goal which is only 40cm high
poses a threat for robot safety.
If the robot falls and hits the top of the backplane with
its upper parts, espcially the camera head, it can get damaged seriously.
This is not the case with a 60cm high backplane
(and the reduction from 90cm height in 2007 to 60cm height in 2008
is already a good step in the right direction).

In later years I think the goal should become even more naturally and
less massive, as you suggest. But for 2008 there will already
be a lot of new issues to work on for the teams like
the larger field size and number of robots.

With best regards,
Oskar

--
Prof. Dr. Oskar von Stryk           E-Mail: stryk(at)sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Simulation, Systems Optimization    Phone:  ++49 (0) 6151-16-2513