[robocup-humanoid] Qualification 2008: Timeline & Procedure?

Pasan Kulvanit pasan at fibo.kmutt.ac.th
Mon Dec 10 20:50:50 EST 2007

Hi Oskar,
Here is the corrected version that will be sent out to others. Please have
a last  look and you can proceed with the posting.

One last comment. Is there any other places else that we can post this
call for participation? It seems to me that the news of our HL is just too
limited and not truly be publicized. For example, can we post the news to
the main Robocup website such as www.robocup.org or
http://robocup-cn.org/en/index.php (seems to be under construction, BTW)
or other robotics related sites.

Cheers,
-Pasan
--------------------------------------
Call for participation in Robocup 2008 Humanoid League, July14 – 20,
2008(Suzhou, China)
The interested team must provide the following qualification material to
the committee.

1. A video of a demonstration of sufficient skills of your team's
autonomous, soccer playing humanoid robots. No video means no
qualification. Namely the following skill must be demonstrated in the
video:
- localization of unknown ball position,
- walking ability towards the ball,
- robot positioning at the ball for kicking,
- kicking the ball towards the goal,
- ability of getting up autonomously from a fall.
Please make sure that the video is in a widely used, standard format and
can be displayed with a standard viewer easily!

2) A Team description paper which fully describes your humanoid robot
system. The paper must be concise and should not be longer than 6 pages.
Please use the LNCS format as your guideline. The LNCS format can be
downloaded from
http://www.springer.com/east/home/computer/lncs?SGWID=5-164-7-72376-0&teaserId=45515&CENTER_ID=73062

3) A one-page specifications page that includes the followings:
- Robot picture
- Robot name
- Number of degree of freedom
- Computing unit
- Walking speed
- Camera
- Sensors
- Other specs.
Deadline for submission: February 1, 2008
Qualified Team announcement: February 15, 2008

Remark:
- The technical details on how and where to submit all qualifying material
will be announced later.

Pasan Kulvanit
Institute of FIeld RoBOtics (FIBO)
King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi
126 Pracha u-tid Road Bangmod Thungkru
Bangkok 10140 Thailand
Mobile : (66) 81-926-2086
Tel      : (66) 2-470-9339
Fax     : (66) 2-470-9703
Email  : pasan at fibo.kmutt.ac.th
Web: http://fibo.kmutt.ac.th

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail is intended solely for the recipient(s) name above. If you are
not the intended recipient, any type of your use is prohibited. Any
information, comment or statement contained in this e-mail, including any
attachments (if any) are those of the author and are not necessarily
endorsed by FIBO. The FIBO shall, therefore, not be liable or responsible
for any of such contents, including damages resulting from any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.