[robocup-humanoid] Qualification 2008: Timeline & Procedure?

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Dec 10 16:16:34 EST 2007

Hi Pasan,

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with the additional ability required and would like to suggest
some small modifications.

> Call for participation in Robocup 2008 Humanoid League.
> The interested team must provide the following qualification meterial to
> the committee.

[Add sentence:]
The technical details how and where to submit will be announced later.

> 1. A video of a demonstration of sufficient skills of your team's
> autonomous, soccer playing humanoid robots. No video means no
> qualification.
> Namely the following skilly must be demonstrated in the video:
> (1) localization of unknown ball position,
> (2) walking ability towards the ball,
> (3) robot positioning at the ball for kicking,
> (4) kicking the ball towards the goal,
> (5) self-righting ability.

[Reformulation:]
(5) ability of getting up autonomously from a fall.

[Add sentence:]
Please make sure that the video is in a widely used, standard format and
can be displayed with a standard viewer easily!

> 2) A Team description paper which fully describes your humanoid robot
> system. The paper must be concise and should not be longer than 6 pages.
> Please use the LNCS format as your guideline. The LNCS format can be
> download from
> http://www.springer.com/east/home/computer/lncs?SGWID=5-164-7-72376-0&teaserId=45515&CENTER_ID=73062
>
> 3) A one-page specifications page that includes the followings:
> - Robot picture
> - Robot name
> - Number of degree of freedom
> - Computing unit
> - Walking speed
> - Camera
> - Sensors
> - Other specs.
>
> Deadline for submission: February 1, 2008
> Qualified Team announcement: February 15, 2008

With best regards,
Oskar