[robocup-humanoid] Humanoid league 2008 rules draft.

Sven Behnke behnke at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Nov 22 06:27:37 EST 2007

Dear all,

many thanks to the TC for posting the 2008 rules draft!

I had a first look at the draft and noticed that the rule 18 "Dribble
and Kick" is unclear about what the goal keeper is allowed to do:
It states "The goal keeper will be allowed to move within the goal area,
but must remain standing."
and "Everything else remains the same as in the penalty kick competition."

In the penalty kick section 14.3 it says:
"The defending goalkeeper is placed in upright position on the middle of
his goal line,
facing the kicker. It must remain upright between the goalposts until
the ball has been touched
by the kicker."

Please state more clearly what the goal keeper is allowed to do.

Best regards,

Sven Behnke
http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~behnke