[robocup-humanoid] Best Humanoid Award

Norbert Michael Mayer norbert at er.ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp
Wed Oct 24 23:36:41 EDT 2007

Hi,
I agree with Jackie and I think that in principle we should stay with
the present approach --but change of course the weight of the
competitions. Too much voting is not a good idea in the case of the Best
Humanoid award. It is the biggest award and has some meaning. The voting
has been introduced only to decide if the best humanoid is the best
TeenSize or the best KidSize robot (team) - because there is no better
way to compare performance between the 2 size classes.

As I understand the situation in the legged league, the voting is used
to find a winner for a minor competition. This is OK. But if we start
voting just on the basis of like or dislike for the biggest cup we are
going to have much more dicussions after each Robocup, in fact it might
hurt our credibility.

What we have to do of course is: We adjust the mixing of the credits to
the felt challenges and more emotional competitions: that is now to give
more weight to the 3-3 games and much less to the technical challenge.

Michael