[robocup-humanoid] Standard platform league

Çetin Meriçli cetin.mericli at boun.edu.tr
Mon Aug 27 13:39:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

The point in having a standard platform league is very simple. By fixing
the hardware, providing a controlled experimental environment for
testing different algorithms for the same problem. It doesn't matter
whether the fixed hardware is bipedal, quadrupedal or hexapod. You
simply cannot do that with custom designed software running on different
custom design robots.

On the other hand, idea of having one SPL team to compete in HL is an
interesting idea.

Cheers,

--
Çetin Meriçli