[robocup-humanoid] should robot be carried?

Jacky Baltes jacky at cs.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jun 12 21:45:07 EDT 2007

> > a robot is going to take an indirect free kick, does it have to move to
> the place
> > where the free kick is taken by itself?
>
> That is a good question. In Section 13 on page 12 of the rule book it is
> not described clearly.
> If I remember right, then the robot making the indirect free kick can be
> placed by the team handler.

The procedure has always been that the referee will designate the closest
robot to the free kick as the kicking robot. You may place your kicking
robot quickly behind the ball. You are not allowed to move any other robots
or fine tune the alignment, position of the kicking robot.

We will follow the same procedure at RoboCup 2007.

--
Jacky Baltes, EITC E2-402 Department of Computer Science, University of
Manitoba Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2