[robocup-humanoid] should robot be carried?

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jun 12 15:18:28 EDT 2007

Dear Weigang Fu,

I am not sure if your question has been answered yet.

> According to the rule, robots not able to autonomously reposition
> themselves, have to start from the game restart points or behind the game restart
> points. what about under the condition like a goal is scored, do robots need to
> move to the own half field by themselves or be carried by team members? what about

Your question refers to Rules 8.2.4 and 8.2.5 on page 9 of the rule book.

If the robots of team cannot position autonomously at kick-off
their robots have to be placed by their team handler at the game restart
points (following the advice of the referee).

If they have received a goal against them, it is the same procedure.
If they have scored a goal, then one of their players can placed in the
center circle for kick-off.

> a robot is going to take an indirect free kick, does it have to move to the place
> where the free kick is taken by itself?

That is a good question. In Section 13 on page 12 of the rule book it is
not described clearly.
If I remember right, then the robot making the indirect free kick can be
placed by the team handler.

In fact, not everything is fully described in the rule book.
Usually, unclear issues are interpreted in a fair, sportslike manner.

During the RoboCup competition in Atlanta we will have the daily team
leader meetings where unclear points in the rules will be dicussed and
decided by majority vote.

Looking forward to meeting you soon in Atlanta.

With best regards,
Oskar von Stryk
www.dribblers.de