[robocup-humanoid] About substitution during the game.

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Jun 12 15:00:08 EDT 2007

Hi Pasan,

I will try to answer your questions to my best knowledge.
If anyone knows better or if I am wrong, please correct me.

> In the steps of substitution during the game.
>
> 1) When exactly can we make the sub? When the ball out of play? Or at any
> time the ref sees appropriate?

No, subs are not possible at any time.
Please see Sect. 3.2 at page 5 of the rules.

> 2) Can we manually take out the robot from the game and manually put in
> the new player?

Every team has 1 designated robot handler during the game.
The robots of one team are only handed by their robot handler
and no one else.
Btw, the robot handler is the only team member allowed in the field zone
(see Sect. 1.5 on page 4).

This team handler takes the robot out manually by agreement of the
referee.

> 3) Where is the spot to put the new player? At the former spot of the
> previous player?

Usually the new player enters (upon the signal from the referee) from the
left or right sideline at the middle line.
That side is chosen which is most far from the current ball position.

> 4) Should we have to let the new player walk/run into the field from the
> sideline?

Yes, the new player must walk autonomously from the sideline into the
field.

> 5) Will the game stop during sub?

Normally the game does not stop.
However, you can take one timeout of 2 minutes
in each of the two periods of the game (Sect. 7.2, page 8).

> Other question
> - Where is the venue for kid-size competition? (A or B on the map?)

According to
http://www.robocup-us.org/lodging.html
the humanoid kidsize and teensize games are at the CRC.

See you soon in Atlanta!!

With best regards,
Oskar von Stryk
www.dribblers.de