[robocup-humanoid] List of requirement for humanoid league

Jacky Baltes jacky at cs.umanitoba.ca
Mon Apr 23 16:32:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

based on the excellent material that Sven sent me, I updated the list of
requirements for the humanoid league. This information is now also on
http://wiki.cc.gatech.edu/robocup/index.php/Humanoid_League.

I also send this list to David Walker re. our IT requirements.

More details about fields, colours, etc. can be found in the official
RoboCup rules 2007 available at
http://www.dei.unipd.it/~emg/downloads/HumanoidLeagueRules2007.pdf<http://www.dei.unipd.it/%7Eemg/downloads/HumanoidLeagueRules2007.pdf>

Playing fields:
4 * Kid-sized playing field, 8.5m * 7m including 1m border
2 * Teen-sized playing field, 10m * 8m including 1m border
Goals:
4 * Pairs of goals kid-sized (one goal blue, one goal yellow)
2 * Pairs of goals teen-sized (one goal blue, one goal yellow)
Corner poles:
6 * Sets of corner poles (each set consists of two yellow-blue-yellow and
two blue-yellow-blue poles)
Poles for technical challenge:
2 * poles, diameter=20cm, height=90cm, colour = cyan
1 * pole, diameter=20cm, height=90cm, colour = magenta
Poles for obstacle avoidance
6 * poles, diameter=20cm, height=90cm, colour = black
Balls:
10 * kid-sized ball (orange plastic ball as used by the 4legged league,
diameter 8.4cm, weight 26g)
5 * teen-sized ball (orange beach handball, size 2, diameter 18cm, weight
294g, http://www.haro-sport.de)
Lighting:
Minimal lighting is 900 Lux across the whole playing field. Playing field
must be shielded from daylight. Light is white, diffuse, and constant.
Team area:
38 * team islands (4 normal sized tables + 8 chairs)
38 * Internet connection for each team table
1 * Windows PC including monitor for organizing committee
1 * Printer connected to the Windows PC for organizing committee
WLAN:
2 * 802.11g/b access points for kid-sized league, each access point should
cover two kid-sized playing fields
2 * 802.11g/b access points for teen-sized league. each access point should
cover one teen sized field
Lockable storage:
approximately 10 m^2
Referees
6 * whistle, clocks, score boards
Meeting Room:
The league also requires access to a meeting room for rule discussions etc.

Norbert, do you know how many teams have actually registered.

CU,
   Jacky
--
Jacky Baltes, EITC E2-402 Department of Computer Science, University of
Manitoba Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2