[robocup-humanoid] suggestion part 4.5 "Colors and Markers"

Oskar von Stryk stryk at sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Apr 23 14:52:20 EDT 2007

P.S.
Just to make sure:
Of course, if the use or misuse of extensive LED blinking
for unfair purposes as purposely disturbing signals of other robot's
vision will be detected this may lead to disqualification.

The rules can not cover every possible special case.
If unfair or unsportsmanlike behavior will be observed during competitions
the consequences will be discussed in the daily team leader meetings.
Fortunately, disqualification did never occur in the past.

Looking forward to seeing you all during great competitions in Atlanta!

With best regards,
Oskar von Stryk

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, emg at mail.dei.unipd.it wrote:

> Dear Norberto,
>
> your suggestion comes ways too late. The period of time to amend the
> rules ended quite a long time ago.
>
> Anyway, I agrree with the remark of Thomas, nowadays you should be
> able to cope with this. By the way, if you see in the rule Appenidx in
> the next years the robot might be of non-black color....
>
> Cheers,
> Emanuele
>

> Dear Dr.Emanuele Menegatti,
> Dear Organizing and Technical Committees
>
> I'm Norberto Velazquez from Mexico,
> In our experience in Bremen some robots had red leds that was blinking
> during the games and caused problems in our robot and in others vision
> systems, for that I want suggest add at the rules (part 4.5 "Colors
> and Markers"), that: any LED must not be ON or blinking during the
> competitions!
> I don't know if is to late to add this at the rules but I considered
> important comment
>
> I hope see you all in Atlanta!
> Best Regards,
> Norberto Velazquez

Prof. Dr. Oskar von Stryk           E-Mail: stryk(at)sim.tu-darmstadt.de
Simulation and Systems Optimization Phone:  ++49 (0) 6151-16-2513
Technische Universitaet Darmstadt   Fax:    ++49 (0) 6151-16-6648
Hochschulstr. 10                    http://www.sim.tu-darmstadt.de
D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany