[robocup-humanoid] Some doubts about rules

Jacky Baltes jacky at cs.umanitoba.ca
Wed Feb 21 05:48:14 EST 2007

Hi,

no bluetooth has been allowed at RoboCup for several years now and it will
be banned in Atlanta too,

CU,
   Jacky

On 2/21/07, Emanuele Menegatti <emg at dei.unipd.it> wrote:

> On 20/feb/07, at 20:34, Thomas Röfer wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >> If I remember right from 2006, the type of wireless has not been
> >> restricted in practice (besides restrictions by the organizers and
> >> restrictions about not to hinder other teams).
> >> Therefore, different technologies (WLAN, Bluetooth, etc.) had been
> >> used
> >> by some teams in 2006 (if I remember right!).
> >
> > In 2006, Bluetooth was forbidden by the organizers, because it
> > disturbs WLAN
> > connections.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Thomas Röfer
>
> yes, in Bremen only WiFi (IEEE802.11) was allowed I do not know about
> this year.
> Jacky,
> do you know something more?
>
> Cheers,
> EMA

> Emanuele Menegatti, Ph.D.
>
> Intelligent Autonomous Systems Laboratory (IAS-Lab)
> Department of Information Engineering
> The University of Padua
> via G. Gradenigo 6/A
> I-35131 Padova - ITALY
>
> Skype: emanuele.menegatti
> Phone: ++39 049 827 7722
> FAX:  ++39 049 827 7799
> http://www.dei.unipd.it/~emg

Jacky Baltes, EITC E2-402 Department of Computer Science, University of
Manitoba Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2
Phone: +1 (204) 474-8838, Fax: +1 (204) 474-7609
Email: jacky (AT) cs.umanitoba.ca
http://avocet.cs.umanitoba.ca