[robocup-humanoid] Notification of acceptance?

Jackson Matsuura jackson at ita.br
Wed Feb 14 07:45:59 EST 2007

Dear TC/OC members.

I do not want to bore, even less to create enmity (mainly before the
announce of the qualified teams :-)), but we (as some others teams I
suppose) spent our Christmas and New Year Holidays, plus a good part of our
vacation preparing the material for qualification to be submitted at the
scheduled deadline.
So I think that we deserve, at least, the result at the scheduled time too.
If the submission deadline must be respected also the Notification deadline
too, not?

I know that sometimes some of the reviewers do not send their decisions
when they should do and that the work of TC/OC is voluntary, but you
stipulated the deadlines, so you should have considered those delays when
schedule the Notification deadline (and extended the submission deadline).

Some things are more complicated in Brazil than in rest of the world and we
depend on the qualification result to reschedule our work and even to start
some purchase processes.
Just to you have an idea, I started the purchase of a Bioloid and 3 CMUCAMs
(by our University) on August 2006 and received then on December. I
received the RoboNova on time just because I purchased it by myself (not by
our University) and a friend bring it from USA in his vacation trip to Brazil.
Some things (bureaucracy) are very slow in Brazil.

Having good or even bad news fast is very important to us. There is some
decisions and actions depending on the qualification result of the Humanoid
League. We have not much resources nor people and if we are qualified in
the Humanoids we will purchase more equipment to enhance our robots and
will need to do some modifications to adequate them to the rules (and
Humanoid League will be our priority). But if we are not qualified we will
continue our research with the robots as they are now and invest resources
and people in other fronts.

As I used to say: "Bad news are better than no news!". People that had/has
missed relatives understand well this phrase.

Thanks for the attention and I'm really sorry if I offended someone, this
was not my intention. I just want the Qualification result or at least a
new date for the decision. And I really think that I'm not asking too much.

Best regards.

Jackson Matsuura
ITANDROIDS
Brasil