[robocup-humanoid] One question about the position of Imagesensor.

Jacky Baltes jacky at cs.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 1 00:10:47 EST 2007

Hi,

I remember that we discussed the procedure that should be followed in this
case:

Any team that is concerned about being in complete compliance with the rules
shall

1.) Inform the TC by posting a message to the mailing list about their
concerns and request a clarification/ruling.

2.) Provide detailed evidence about why they feel their robot may not meet
all criterias. This includes but is not limited to pictures, videos, CAD
drawings.

3.) Provide a detailed explanation about (a) the reasons why their robot
does not satisfy all criterias, (b) design decisions made that led to the
problem, (c) why they are unable to change their system to be in full
compliance with the rules.

The TC will then look at this on a case by case basis and make a decision.
The TC may grant an exemption for the robot based on the evidence above if
they feel that it is a minor violation and it would be unreasonable to
expect the team to change it before the event.

No exemption will be granted during the actual RoboCup competition.

So we would need to have more information before anything can be said about
the camera of Team Osaka.

CU,
   Jacky

On 1/31/07, Chew Chee Meng <mpeccm at nus.edu.sg> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Our team had interpreted the rule 4.3 to be that no camera can be
> mounted below the shoulder.  Are we changing the rule now?
>
> Rgds
> Chee-Meng
> Team ROPE

Jacky Baltes, EITC E2-402 Department of Computer Science, University of
Manitoba Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3T 2N2
Phone: +1 (204) 474-8838, Fax: +1 (204) 474-7609
Email: jacky (AT) cs.umanitoba.ca
http://avocet.cs.umanitoba.ca