[mlpack] Interested in contributing to mlpack through GSoC 2016

Abhinaba Sarkar abhinav210990 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:24:25 EST 2016

​Hi,

I am Abhinaba Sarkar, pursuing Master of Technology in Computer Science
(M.Tech) from International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
(IIIT-Hyd). I am comfortable in C++ and am interested in machine learning
algorithms specially deep learning algorithms. I have some experience of
working with machine learning algorithms (as part of projects) and I have
also worked with deep learning framework (Torch7) as part of a project in
the last semester.

I would like to contribute to the development of mlpack through the GSoC
programme. I have built mlpack from source in my computer and I have also
started looking at the tutorials. I have also looked at the ideas floated
for the current programme and I am interested in a few of them, especially,
'building essential deep learning modules'.

I would be glad if anyone here guided to me where and how to get started
with development and pointed me to some easy bugs that can be helpful for
my understanding the code better.
​

--

Regards,