[mlpack] cpp program using mlpack/core.hpp not getting compiled

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Feb 22 14:54:12 EST 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 08:35:27PM +0100, Giampaolo Bellini wrote:
> Hello Ryan
>
>   when I compile mlpack from source, I link my app to libmlpack.a, while
> the MSYS2 is providing libmlpack.dll so I'm linking dynamically in this
> case...

Hmm, are you sure that libmlpack.dll has the symbol
mlpack::Log::Assert() in it?  That might be a good place to start
checking.  I am not too familiar with the environment you are using, so
I can't give details on exactly how to check that, just basic ideas.  If
you can verify that the mlpack::Log::Assert() symbol is in the
libmlpack.dll file, then I think the next thing to check is that the
linker is actually being called with libmlpack.dll (on Linux, I'd check
this with 'VERBOSE=1 make', but I don't know exactly what to do in your
situation).

> On both I've got the same linking error... I can't use MSVC version from
> VespucciProject either because it's in 64bit (and my app is still 32bit)
> and because I'm using gcc/mingw...

Oh, okay, I see.

> BTW: compiling from sources report 2 issues about using isinf() and isnan()
> instead of std::isinf() and std::isnan()

These were fixed recently, since the 2.0.1 release, and will be
incorporated into the 2.0.2 release (probably released in the next few
weeks):

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues/522

--
Ryan Curtin    | "Excuse me.  I don't mean to impose, but I am the
ryan at ratml.org | Ocean."  - Bobby