[mlpack] Problem building MLPACK - CF linking error

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 18 10:33:21 EDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 06:22:19AM +0200, Gilles Barges wrote:

> >  I have attached the text file containing all the details.
>
> I forgot yo say you should use 'VERBOSE=1 make ….' to have an echo of the commands that are issued.
>
> > I checked my installation of MinGW and I only have one installation C:\MinGW. In this directory, there is C:\MinGW\mingw32\bin which contains some duplicate executables (also in C:\MinGW\bin) but from what I read online this is how MinGW installs by default.
>
> Sorry, it's me that cannot count the ../ :-)
>
> > Any ideas of what might be going wrong?
>
> Yes, the build assumes that on Windows, automatic linking is used (as
> MSVC++), but MinGW does not do that.
>
> Edit the file CMakeLists.txt and comment set(Boost_LIBRARIES "") near
> line 190 re-run cmake after that.

Ah, okay.  I have updated the CMakeLists.txt file in trunk (r17062) so
that Boost_LIBRARIES is only set to "" when MSVC is the generator that's
being used.  Hopefully this should fix the issue, but I don't have a
MinGW system to test with (yet); let me know if it doesn't fix that
particular issue.

--
Ryan Curtin    | "This is how Number One works!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Number One