[mlpack] Problem building MLPACK - CF linking error

Gilles Barges gbarges at free.fr
Sat Aug 16 00:22:19 EDT 2014

>  I have attached the text file containing all the details.

I forgot yo say you should use 'VERBOSE=1 make ….' to have an echo of the commands that are issued.

> I checked my installation of MinGW and I only have one installation C:\MinGW. In this directory, there is C:\MinGW\mingw32\bin which contains some duplicate executables (also in C:\MinGW\bin) but from what I read online this is how MinGW installs by default.

Sorry, it's me that cannot count the ../ :-)

> Any ideas of what might be going wrong?

Yes, the build assumes that on Windows, automatic linking is used (as MSVC++), but MinGW does not do that.

Edit the file CMakeLists.txt and comment set(Boost_LIBRARIES "") near line 190
re-run cmake after that.

cheers
--
Gilles Barges.