[mlpack] GSoC 2013 Report - September 9, 2013

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 16 06:31:45 EDT 2013

Hello everyone.

As a part of the Google Summer of Code 2013, I'm working on automatic benchmarking of mlpack methods. It has been three months and one week since I started working, and I would like to share with the community of the work I've been doing on the last week.

Just a quick description of what I did last week:

* We've modified the Makefile to handle the different python versions and dependencies.
* I've added a new option to update method timings. Now there is the option to update a single method instead of to run all methods to get the right timings.
* I've cleaned up the existing code.

For those interested you can check out the current version of the
website here [1] and the notes page here [1].

Today is the suggested 'pencils down' date to scrub code, write tests, improve documentation and so on. If anyone has any tips and or feedback feel free to send me an email.

See you next week!

Cheers,

Marcus

[1] http://big.cc.gt.atl.ga.us/job/benchmark%20-%20reports/Benchmark_Results/?