[mlpack] mlpack 1.0.5 released

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Thu May 2 01:38:46 EDT 2013

Hello people,

Today the last bits of work required for a new mlpack release were
finished.  You can download mlpack 1.0.5 from

  http://www.mlpack.org/

New features include:

 - fast exact max-kernel search (FastMKS)
 - rank-approximate nearest neighbor search (RANN)
 - bugfixes for GMMs
 - better cluster initialization options for k-means
 - several bugfixes
 - some speed improvements

If you want a (nearly) full list of bugfixes and changes since 1.0.4,
you can see the list of resolved tickets:

http://trac.research.cc.gatech.edu/fastlab/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=mlpack+1.0.5

Use our library!  Spread the word!  Post bug reports
( http://www.mlpack.org/trac/ )!  Submit your own machine learning
methods! Many man-hours (man-years) of work have gone into this project
from both lab members long departed and those who still suffer.  mlpack
provides very fast implementations of a lot of common machine learning
tasks and it's a very useful swiss army knife and a good starting point
for the simple, fast implementation of a novel machine learning
technique (in my admittedly biased opinion).

Have a good one,

Ryan

--
Ryan Curtin       | "Lady, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave the store."
ryan at igglybob.com |   - Ash in Housewares