[mlpack] GSoC 2013 Report - July 22, 2013

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 29 04:35:12 EDT 2013

Hello everyone.

As a part of Google Summer of Code 2013, I'm working on automatic benchmarking of mlpack methods. It has been one month and two week since I started working, and I would like to share with the community of the work I've been doing on the last week.

Just a quick description of what I did this week:

* Clean up the existing code.
* Expand and update the notes regarding the benchmark script [1].
* Getting the code running with python 3.
* Add timeout handling.
* Add a new general settings block for the benchmark configuration.

I mainly focused on getting the code running with python 3. We switched from python 2.7 to python 3 because the timeout handling with the new version is much easier then with python 2.7.

See you next week!

Cheers,

Marcus

[1] http://www.mlpack.org/trac/wiki/AutomaticBenchmark