[mlpack] Newbie requests help

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 22 15:00:07 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:05:56PM +0530, Gowtham Ashok wrote:
> Hello mlpack Developers,
>
> I'm Gowtham.I have just recently come across mlpack. I'd like to work on
> getting python and r bindings on mlpack for GSoC.
>
> I want to learn about Machine learning and be able contribute to it. Doing
> this project during GSoC would provide me a structured way to do that,
> while at the same time, helping Machine Learning enthusiasts who are not
> comfortable with C++.
>
> I wish I'd got to know about mlpack earlier.Please give me pointers on how
> or if to proceed.

Hello Gowtham,

Machine learning knowledge is not a prerequisite for all of the mlpack
projects.  There's been some discussion about the Python and R bindings.
Here are some links to previous discussions:

https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2013-April/000066.html

You haven't really asked any specific questions, so I hope that the
message I linked to covers any information you were looking for.  If you
do still have questions, feel free to ask, and I'll answer them.

Thanks,

Ryan

--
Ryan Curtin       | "Exterminate all rational thought."
ryan at igglybob.com |   - Bill Lee