[mlpack] GSoC 2013

Nikhar Agrawal nikharagrawal2006 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 22:00:04 EDT 2013

Hi,
My name is Nikhar Agrawal and I'm currently a second year Btech student.
I wish to participate in GSoC with mlpack and there are two projects that
particularly interest me.

1.) Packaging in Debian (and Ubuntu)

Have been extensively using linux for two years now and would love to
explore it even further.

2.) Improvement of tree traversers

I am fairly proficient in c++. Not much experience with metaprogramming
though I'm afraid. Love algorithms and data structures. Recently
implemented btrees(one pass though) and extensible hashing. The good thing
is that I have absolutely nothing else to do in the three months of
May-July so I can give the project all the time it needs.

I'd be glad if someone could provide me help as to how should  I proceed
from here on.

Thanks.