[ipre-announce] IPRE announces availability of instructional robot platform

Tucker Balch tucker.balch at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 13 00:58:14 EDT 2008

http://www.roboteducation.org

Dear Colleague,

We're pleased to let you know that the robot platform we developed for
CS-1 instruction is now available for purchase.

The $149.95 platform includes a Parallax Scribbler robot, with an add on
board developed at Georgia Tech.  The complete diff-drive robot then
includes: a color camera, bluetooth connectivity, a speaker, light
sensors, and line sensors.

The robot can be controlled and programmed from a PC in Python using the
Myro package developed at Bryn Mawr (included with the robot).

It is all part of our new curriculum for CS-1 centered on a robot
context.  The new textbook is also available online at our website.

best regards,

Tucker

--
Tucker Balch, Associate Professor, Interactive Computing
Director, Institute for Personal Robots in Education

phone: +1 404 385-2861 phax: +1 404 601-3185
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~tucker