[Women at CC] Students to teach coding at Kell High School through the Girls Who Code Program

Jennifer Whitlow jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 21 16:29:52 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Please see the information below about teaching a CS course through Girls Who Code at Kell High School. If interested, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

Jennifer Whitlow
Director of Computing Enrollment
GT College of Computing
jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu<mailto:jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu>

From: shearon farmer <smf0716 at gmail.com<mailto:smf0716 at gmail.com>>
Subject: students to teach coding at Kell High School through the Girls Who Code Program
Date: October 21, 2015 at 4:19:32 PM EDT
To: randall at cc.gatech.edu<mailto:randall at cc.gatech.edu>

Hi Dr. Randall,

We are looking for a student or instructor to teach coding to about 20 girls at Kell High School, Cobb County School District, through the Girls Who Code Program.

The Girls Who Code Program will provide all of the instructional materials for the program.  We also have an instructor from Kell who will act as the sponsor for the program.

My daughter went through the Girls who Code summer immersion program
this summer at the Facebook Headquarters in Menlo Park, CA.  She spent 7 weeks there learning computer programing.  She is a senior at Kell High School.  She will act as a Teacher Assistant in this program.

Please let me know if you have an undergraduate or graduate student who would be willing to volunteer to teach in this program.  It would be two hours per week after school, school ends at 3:30.

We think participation in the program would be beneficial for the high school girls, but also for the Georgia Tech volunteer as Girls Who Code is a very well regarded and influential program.

Please let me know if you are able to assist us.

Thank you!

Shearon Birdsong
678 457-2178

Here is the link to learn more about the Girls Who Code Program:

http://girlswhocode.com/teach/

I look forward to hearing back from you.  :)