[UWAB] Fwd: W at CC Opportunity: BGC Atlanta Chapter Volunteer - Robot Expo!

Alissa Hartenbaum ahartenbaum3 at gatech.edu
Thu Feb 7 18:32:19 EST 2013

Hi girls,

Check out this event!

Alissa

----- Original Message -----

From: "Joy Buolamwini" <joy at jovialdesigns.com>
To: ahartenbaum3 at gatech.edu

Hi Alissa!

Hope this new semester is treating you well. Can you send out the following and the flyer to W at CC members as I think this is a great opportunity to really serve as role models. :-).

WHAT Black Girls Code (BGC) Atlanta Chapter is looking for volunteers for our Robot Expo!
Check out their video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1mXZMCaRmk

WHEN Saturday, February 16, 2013

WHERE Georgia Tech Research Institute.

DETAILS
We need technical and teaching assistants (1:4 girls ratio) who have knowledge of coding and software development and/or has worked with robotics in some capacity . Additionally, volunteers are needed for classroom assistants (ensuring all girls are accounted for in the classroom and in transport from one area to the next), registration, ushers, greeters and setups. There is a mandatory meetup the night before to tour the venue and review roles. If you are interested, please contact Rose Robinson at rosario.robnson at gmail.com by Friday, February 8, 2013. Logistical information is listed below.

IT'S POPPING

This is event is sold out! We have 80 girls registered with 20 on the waitlist. In parallel, BGC will hold a panel discussion for the parents. Lunch will be served for all volunteers! CNN will be covering this event, but will have someone assigned to the media.

Robot Expo!