[UWAB] Upcoming College of Computing Events - Volunteers Needed

Jennifer Whitlow jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 3 13:19:34 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

It's that time of the semester where we have several events that need student volunteers. Check out the following upcoming events and let me know if you're available:

*         Accepted Student Overnight April 11th-12th: We have 30 accepted students coming to visit campus and stay overnight (10 females, 20 males). We need students to host them overnight in their dorms, as well as help guide them from activity to activity, eat meals with them, and hang out with them on Thursday evening. Your participation makes all the difference in this event! (Registration begins at 4:30pm on the 11th and the event ends at 3pm on the 12th. We are also looking for volunteers with a car who may be able to help us pick students up from the airport earlier during the day on the 11th.)

*         Accepted Student Reception/Dinner April 13th: We have several families who will be attending an afternoon event followed by dinner. We need students for a panel, to demo some cool projects you've worked on, give a campus tour, and eat dinner with the students and their families.

*         GVU's Annual Spring Demo Day April 17th 1pm-5pm: GVU is partnering with the Digital Media folks to offer a joint demo day this year.   This said, we are planning for a much bigger audience including the WICT members - www.wict.org<http://www.wict.org>; GVU advisory members and partners among others. We are looking for student volunteers to escort guests to the various labs from 1:30-4:00pm. This is a great networking opportunity!

If you are available for any of the events above, please let me know which ones you're available to assist with and at what times.

Thank you,
Jennifer

Jennifer Whitlow
GT College of Computing