[UWAB] Meeting Tomorrow, Movie Night Survey, Harris Event Tomorrow

Alissa Hartenbaum ahartenbaum3 at gatech.edu
Wed Feb 29 12:49:33 EST 2012

Hi girls,

For our meeting tomorrow (6-7pm in the usual room), we will be discussing research. Some awesome CS and CM students have volunteered to come talk about their own research experiences. If you know anyone else who is interested in speaking, feel free to invite them! Food will be provided.

If you haven't already, please fill out the movie night survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FJF6ML5 .

Attached to this email is a flier about Harris Corporation's presentation tomorrow (Thursday, March 1st) on Optical Communications Systems (see the abstract here ). The presentation will take place from 11am to 12pm in Van Leer C340. This event is hosted by Women in ECE, who invited us to come for the presentation, networking, and refreshments. Harris Corporation is a Florida-based international communications equipment company that produces wireless equipment, electronic systems, and both terrestrial and spaceborne antennas for use in the government, defense, and commercial sectors. They are looking to hire many CE and CS grads for various positions—see the job descriptions here .

If there are any questions, feel free to email me (ahartenbaum3 at gatech.edu) or Kaitlin Powell (kpowell32 at gatech.edu).

See you all tonight!
Alissa Hartenbaum

ahartenbaum3 at gatech.edu
Computational Media Undergrad - Georgia Institute of Technology
Co-Chair Women @ the College of Computing