[UWAB] Paid Tutoring Position

Jennifer Whitlow jwhitlow at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 27 23:21:10 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

We were recently contacted by a mother looking for a computing tutor for her 11 year old son. Please see the below information, and let me know if you are interested in tutoring.

My Son Harrison is 11 years old and in 5th grade.  He attends Brandon Hall Prep School.  He is in classes with 6th and 7th grades students.  We are looking for a computer tutor after school or on weekends.  We are available on Monday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  On week days, my son gets home about 3:15, and on weekends we are flexible.  We would like a tutor who could come to our home in Sandy Springs.  We are willing to pay, although we are not sure what the going rate is for computer tutors.  Perhaps you could help us with the amount.  As far as subject goes, he would like to learn programming, how to design games,  how to make an app for the I phone, and how to make a game server.  He has looked into SWF, HTML, CSS, PHP, and ASP so far and would like to learn any additional languages that might help him design games.  He has started programming on his own.  He would read the tutorials on YouTube and then just do it.

Jennifer Whitlow
Program Coordinator for Enrollment
College of Computing
Phone: 404-385-2441