[UWAB] GIT MAD speaker series

Candis Pham cpham3 at gatech.edu
Sat Sep 11 18:29:27 EDT 2010

Hi girls!

See below for an exciting opportunity from our W at CC faculty adviser, Kristen
Marsicano.

We are excited to announce the first event in our GIT MAD speaker series!
 Please click here to fill out the RSVP form so we can make sure to get
enough pizza ;-)

When: Thursday, September 16th, 6:30PM-8:00PM

Location: TBD

What: Josh Marinacci is a GT alum from the '90's. He went on to work at Sun,
wrote a book or two on Java, and is now at Palm (which is now owned by HP).
He'll be in town for the WebOS hackathon and is has offered to give a talk
to our GIT MAD group! Josh will discuss the current and future state of the
mobile industry from an insider perspective, and will also share what it's
like as a professional software engineer in the mobile industry. Fresh off
the release of the SDK for webOS 2.0, Josh will surely have some interesting
insights to share!

Here's some links to Josh's blogs and info on WebOS:

http://www.joshondesign.com/

http://www.java.net/blogs/joshy/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebOS

--