[UWAB] Meeting Minutes

Linda Huynh lhuynh at gatech.edu
Mon Sep 6 22:56:09 EDT 2010

Hello everyone!

I wanted to thank the girls (and guys) who showed up to last week's meeting.
 We did introductions and talked about the things W at CC is planning to do
this semester.  You can find the minutes at
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1til7gSTz8q484wpU2y-J5TKgHAXWOvsSNRD8AS8QsXs
.

One of the things coming up are officer elections. It is never too early,
especially for freshmen, to start thinking about an officer position in a
student organization.  You would have tons of help and be contributing to a
good cause.  Our available positions are:

   - Secretary - emails minutes every week to group
   - Treasurer - keeps track of financial obligations
   - Webmaster - managing Facebook group and website (familiarity with html
   required)
   - Reporter - collaborates with external various publications about our
   group

We encourage as many people to run for as many positions as they want, but
be prepared to tell us why you would be a good candidate for each position.

Remember, our meetings are on Thursday, 6:00 to 7:00pm.  The next one will
be on September 9th.  We will be talking more about the events and
opportunities that are coming up.  For those who attended the Craft Center
night, your items will be ready for you to pick up at the meeting, too.
 Don't forget to email Candis with the description of your item.  And as
always, food will be provided.

I hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Linda