[UWAB] Paid Job Opportunity! - Assistant to the CEO

Candis Pham cpham3 at gatech.edu
Mon Aug 9 21:38:39 EDT 2010

 Hey girls!

See below for an exciting job opportunity with PLAE.  I've been working for
PLAE since last August and it's been such a great learning experience.  If
your looking for a paid job, I definitely encourage you to apply!

====================================

Introduction to PLAE and Position:
PLAE is a global brand of high performance athletic flooring which launched
in March 2009.  PLAE is driven to deliver the most innovative products that
are meticulously designed for long-lasting, superior performance.  We are
based in Atlanta, GA on 5th and West Peachtree Street which is convenient to
the GA Tech campus.  We are eager to demonstrate how we defeat ordinary and
ultimately maximize home field advantage.  www.plaeusa.com

The Personal Assistant will be primarily responsible for the following
functions:
•    Manage the CEO’s time
•    Organizing Management and Staff and meetings
•    Minute taking at managers and Leadership meetings
•    Support the Management Team in scheduling meetings with CEO

Key Interfaces
Internal
•    Brett Waits – CEO
•    Operations Team
External
•    Customers and outside PLAE representatives
•    Field all advertising and telemarketing calls

What you will do
Manage the CEO to ensure his time is fully utilized.
•    Arranging all meetings for CEO.
•    Help the CEO to leave and arrive at meetings on time and prepared
 •    Work with CEO to ensure he has correct materials and information for
meetings.
•    To handle emails for the CEO
•    Work with CEO to ensure follow up of meetings is undertaken, as
required.
•    Travel arrangements for CEO.
•    Taking telephone calls for the CEO in his absence.
•    Manage and file CEO correspondence.
•    Assist with presentation creation
•    To serve as a personal representative of the CEO internally and
externally
Meetings
•    Arranging meetings, meetings rooms, refreshments, distribution of
materials and notes for:
•    Senior Leadership Team Strategy Days (quarterly)
•    Weekly Directors meetings
•    Staff ‘barometer’ meetings (twice a year)
•    Other meetings as required
Minute Taking
•    Taking accurate and informative Minutes at the following meetings:
•    Senior Leadership Strategy Days
•    Weekly Directors meetings
•    Other meetings as required
Induction of New Employees
•    Help HR department induct new employees where required

Competencies Required
•    Confidence in dealing with high performing individuals
•    Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced environment
•    Ability to manage multiple tasks successfully
•    Excellent administrative and typing skills & IT literacy
•    Very strong organizational skills and detail-orientation
•    Excellent speaking voice and confident telephone manner; comfortable
greeting a wide assortment
of guests, including business CEOs
•    Ability to successfully represent CEO to staff in a firm but polite
manner

Characteristics Required
•    Extreme Confidentiality and discretion
•    Self-starter with initiative, confidence, and ability to deal with
unexpected situations or last minute
changes in a young organization
•    Person with a “can-do” attitude able to help the organization expand in
the coming years
•    A team player, personable and out-going. Ability to develop
relationships with young staff members
across the organization.
•    Belief in the organization's main philosophies:

September 1st, 2010
Part Time:
20 hrs a week

To apply:
Send your resume to the attention of Brett Waits brett at plaeusa.com

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email Brett Waits (
brett at plaeusa.com) or Candis Pham (cpham3 at gatech.edu).