[UWAB] Relay For Life- CCB Student Orgs team!

Pham, Candis E cpham3 at gatech.edu
Tue Jan 13 23:54:31 EST 2009

Hello everyone!

We're looking for participants to form a College of Computing- Student Organizations team in the annual Relay For Life event!  The event will be the night of Friday, April 10, 2009 at the CRC SAC fields.

Relay For Life®, the American Cancer Society's signature event, is a fun-filled overnight experience designed to bring together those who have been touched by cancer. At Relay, people from within the community gather to celebrate survivors, remember those lost to cancer, and to fight back against this disease. Relay participants help raise money and awareness to support the American Cancer Society in its lifesaving mission to eliminate cancer as a major health issue. During Relay For Life ® events, teams of people gather at schools, fairgrounds, or parks and take turns walking or running laps. The events are held overnight to represent the fact that cancer never sleeps. Through the survivors' lap and the luminaria ceremony, we honor the people who have faced cancer first hand, and we remember those who have been lost to this disease.

If you would like to help out, please join by registering at http://main.acsevents.org/goto/coc.  This is really an awesome event, lots of fun, and for a great cause.  For more information, please visit http://www.relay.gatech.edu/ or http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?fr_id=8077&pg=entry.

Thanks, and have a great day!
--
Candis Pham
Women at CC- Chair