[UWAB] W@CC- Meeting time, T-shirts, and more!

Pham, Candis E cpham3 at gatech.edu
Sat Jan 10 18:47:34 EST 2009

Hello girls!

Thank you to everyone who responded to the meeting survey!  Our new official UWAB meeting time will be Mondays from 4:00p - 5:00p in the Student Organizations Room- CoC Rm 104b (For those of you who don't know where that is, I will have signs up).

To all of you who were named active UWAB members last semester and were asked for your t-shirt size, your Yahoo!- Code Like a Girl t-shirts are in!  Please come to the meeting to pick them up.

Also, for all of you who would like to run for a Women at CC office position, we will be voting at Monday's meeting.  You can either nominate yourself at the meeting or if you can't make the meeting, let me know and we'll work something out.  Below are the positions open as well as a short description of each.

Co-Chairs
   - Conducts the weekly meetings
   - Briefs the Organization Advisers of group plans if the Advisers are not at the meetings
   - Raise Discussion concerning the following issues:
       -- Other Student Organizations relations
       -- Corporate relations
       -- Details concerning organization events
   - Makes sure that the responsibilities of the officer positions that are not filled are taken care of
   - Is responsible for making sure the organization stays on track and adheres to the organization's mission statement.

Treasurer
   - Keeps up with the budget
   - Makes sure students are reimbursed for purchases
   - Making sure that all purchases are approved before they are made
   - Works closely with Beth Collums to make sure her approval is met on all financial issues
   - Makes sure that all the proper paper work is filled out concerning finances

Secretary
   - Takes minutes at the meetings and email them out to the list each meeting night

Reporter
   - Sends articles about the organization's recent activities to publications such as the Compiler,
     the CM Newsletter, and the FIREwall

Big/Little Sister Coordinator
   - Handles all details concerning the Big/Little Sisters Program

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me an email at cpham3 at gatech.edu.

I hope to see all of you this Monday, January 12!  Have a wonderful day!

Candis Pham
Women at CC- Chair
B.S. Computational Media